Fusible self-locking thread for secure button and secure sequin attachment
Or search via thread type
Coats Secura is a fusible polyester / polyester corespun, self-locking thread offering an enhanced button security in the garments. The thread is impregnated with a fusible compound, which creates a fusible fibre matrix upon thermal activation by steam or normal iron, and offers increased cohesion and enhanced button security.
Coats Secura exhibits excellent button pull through strength, excellent sewability, and good abrasion resistance that seals loose ends.
- Button sewing of all garments
- Shirt buttons
- Buttons in ladies blouses for workwear
- Buttons in childrenswear
- Trouser buttons without shank
- Bead attachment
- Sequin attachment
- Suits and blazers
Features & Benefits
- Enhanced button security and increased button pull through strength
- Reduces costly returns (RTMs)
- Safeguarding against choking for childrenswear
- Improves customer satisfaction
- Certified to Öko-Tex Standard 100, class I, the most stringent class covering textile items for babies and toddlers
- Meets Coats restricted substance list
|Article No.||Global Offer Tex No.||Ticket No. (Nm)||Length||Average Strength||Elongation %||Recommended Needle Size|
|cN||Min - Max||Metric|
Polyester melts at 250ºC to 260ºC and softens at 220ºC to 230ºC. Co-polymer polyamide melts at 110ºC, softens at 90ºC.
|9003 120||24||120||5,000m||1,190||17 - 22||75 - 90|
|9003 075||40||75||2,000m||1,960||18 - 24||90 - 110|