Protos Ripcord PF
High performing continuous filament twisted, coated para-aramid used as a ripcord in telecommunication cables
Or search via thread type
Coats Protos Ripcord PF is a continuous filament, twisted, para-aramid yarn designed specifically for cable ripcord applications. The unique protective film coating is highly abrasion resistant and proven to help reduce ripcord size, especially in armoured cable applications.
Coats Protos Ripcord PF is produced using the latest twisting technology, which is a highly controlled twisting process that ensures optimal ripcord performance.
- Ripping of steel or aluminum armored cables
- Can be used for non-armored cable
- Loose tube, ribbon, central tube or buffered cable
Features & Benefits
- Superior ripping action due to unique product design
- Specialized packages (tubes, cones, spools, measured length or weight)
- Package stability adjustments based on pay-off requirement
- Ability to design tack, wind ratio, and density to satisfy unique needs
- Yield advantage and cost efficiency
- All sizes available in multiple colours (Aramid Yellow, Red, Orange, Blue, Green)
|Description||Linear Density NOM||Tensile Strength NOM||Elongation NOM|
Strength and Elongation per Test Method ASTM D885. Linear Density is size after coating.
Since conditions and applications vary considerably in the use of the thread and yarn, Coats and its distributors can make no guarantee of results. These recommendations are given in good faith but without warranty or liability on the company or its employees. The thread and yarn user should assure herself or himself by preliminarily testing that the thread and yarn is suitable for the end use intended. Technical information listed above is based on current averages and should be taken only as indicative.
|Protos Ripcord PF 400/1||0.05||90||2.8%|
|Protos Ripcord PF 1000/1||0.12||215||2.7%|
|Protos Ripcord PF 1500/1||0.18||315||2.7%|
|Protos Ripcord PF 1000/1/2||0.25||440||3.5%|
|Protos Ripcord PF 1000/1/3||0.37||570||3.8%|
Physical and Chemical Properties of Protos Ripcord PF
|Para-aramid fibres stronger than steel|
|Permanently flame retardant up to 425ºC|
|Self-extinguishing and does not melt or drip|
A variety of packaging options are available. Standard packaging is listed below. Alternative packaging available.
|Standard Spool Specifications||Unit||Option A|